PINTEREST

FB PIXEL CODE

"THE" STAGE

So here I am again, after three step-children, I am once again at the much-dreaded pre-tween stage with child #4!  Oh, how I remember those days with my own mother. It is the stage where your kid thinks life is so unfair and you are so mean and the stage where they CANNOT live without their friends.  

I don't know if it's me, or I am just "old" now, but I just feel like this stage has started at  way younger age than I remember with the other kids!  This stage is especially intense when you have a daughter.  Oh, the hostility that goes on between a pre-tween and her mom, I do not wish upon anyone!  It is that stage where you feel like you are doing nothing right as a parent. It is those moments when you must endure hearing your kid tell you repeatedly, "That's not fair,"  or "How come everyone else can go and I can't?" or my favorite, "You are the meanest mother ever!"  (Personally, I think I should win an award for this one, since I hear it so often!)

Yes, I have entered that lovely stage where I have to punish my daughter every other week for poor grades, sassy mouth, rolling of the eyes, attitude, you name it.  Don't get me wrong, my kid is a good student with a great heart but somehow, that "evil stage" creeped right in at about age 11.  I know this stage all too well. It is a "war zone" until right about the time they leave for college.  I have already experienced this three other times but never as up close and personal as with my own loving daughter living with me 24-7!  

I do, however see the light at the end of the tunnel because I do know, eventually they grow up and realize everything you did and do is for their own good. My own step-daughter at age 26 apologized to her dad for being "so difficult" during her teen years! 

Until that time comes for me, I will put on my "Warrior" gear and continue to be "the meanest mother ever" because I love my kids!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for Stopping by the Mommy Warrior blog!
Visit on FB at: https://www.facebook.com/mommywarriorpage/