PINTEREST

FB PIXEL CODE

GETTING THINGS DONE BY YOURSELF

So here there I was at home, staring at an old beat up couch.  I had already removed the cushions and torn off the material that use to cover it. Now, I was left with a nasty looking torn-up couch in the middle of my living room.

My husband told me he would help me at night when we returned from work and that we might even recruit our oldest daughter to help, but I hate waiting for others when I want something done.  So I took matters into my own hands.  I didn't want to stare at the disgusting couch anymore.

I remembered when I was young I use to see my grandmother moving her furniture around all the time and painting and doing everything herself. I also remembered, how my dad used a skateboard once to roll something out of the house.  I don't really remember what that something was but I figured, why not try it with the couch.

I hurried into my garage and scoured for my daughter's old skateboard.  Boom! There it was upside down next to all the basketballs, baseballs and sports stuff.

I proceeded to flip the couch over and I carefully placed the skateboard right under.

I started pushing it out of the living room and then realized I would have to go through the front double doors, but first, I would have to get the couch UP the two steps to the door!  It wasn't easy but it was also not impossible.  I used the skateboard as leverage and lifted it up the steps.

I had to stop a few times to rest as the skateboard was getting out from underneath the huge couch.  (Note: if you are ever going to try this...go very slowly as you are wheeling this thing out!)

I got it all the way to the door, sliding it with the skateboard and the couch turned on it's side.  I actually didn't even have to open the double-doors!


Once outside I removed the skateboard and left it by the garage door to take it to the curb later on at night. 

Now, I just have to pray I took it out on the right day, "bulk" pick up day!

And that's the way a "Mommy Warrior" takes care of things her own way!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for Stopping by the Mommy Warrior blog!
Visit on FB at: https://www.facebook.com/mommywarriorpage/