PINTEREST

FB PIXEL CODE

Actress Daniele Watts Was Handcuffed For… Kissing Her White Boyfriend?

 (ref. Huffington Post)

"Django Unchained actress Daniele Watts was detained by Los Angles police last week. The crime? People in a nearby building had reported a possible incident of indecent exposure (or, perhaps, prostitution). By the way, Watts is black and her boyfriend, celebrity chef Brian Lucas, is white. Both of them were fully clothed when police ordered them out of a silver Mercedes to check their identifications. Lucas complied with the officer, Watts did not."

 Although, I will never be able to relate to Watts because she is African-American, I do sympathize with her, because as part of a minority, I know how horrible it can be to be discriminated against.  Many people may say she over-reacted but I can understand why she refused.  In her mind, she was doing nothing wrong. 


"A cell phone picture taken by Lucas and released to news outlets shows the actress crying as she was handcuffed on a Studio City sidewalk. Watts later took to her Facebook page to explain why she did not hand over her ID:
"As I was sitting in the back of the police car, I remembered the countless times my father came home frustrated or humiliated by the cops when he had done nothing wrong. I felt his shame, his anger, and my own feelings of frustration for existing in a world where I have allowed myself to believe that “authority figures” could control my BEING… my ability to BE!!!!!!!
I was sitting in that back of this cop car, filled with adrenaline, my wrist bleeding in pain, and it occurred to me, that even there, I STILL HAD POWER OVER MY OWN SPIRIT."
While some on the Internet have commented that the incident could have been avoided if Watts had simply shown her identification, as asked, the audio recording of the incident obtained by the Daily Mail reveals some troubling interactions by the officer, who repeatedly accuses Watts of playing the “race card."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for Stopping by the Mommy Warrior blog!
Visit on FB at: https://www.facebook.com/mommywarriorpage/