PINTEREST

FB PIXEL CODE

IF ONLY I HOME SCHOOLED MY KIDS

My hats off to all the teachers out there who truly try to teach and for their incredible patience as they make an effort for our children to learn. Now I know why people "home school" their kids. I just spent 2 hours with my 8-year old having him do work sheets (on math & spelling) and it made me realize how little he learns in school.

These simple "Brain Quest" work sheets I used were so effective in teaching and practicing basic skills (that I believe should already be a "given" by the 2nd grade!) I feel like these 2 hours of straight teaching were so much more effective, than a day wasted on testing preparation and the "new" logic Math being taught in schools. 
 
Basic math work, (not this fancy "schmancy" logic math and Common Core non-sense,) spelling, using words in a sentence, etc...all those "old school" teaching ways are not really re-enforced in school now-a-days.  And penmanship, is practically non-existent. Maybe it's just our school? Teacher? Policy? Maybe, there are just too many distractions in school? Who knows?

I don't know what it is, but I feel that kids today are not learning as they should. If only I home schooled my kids! I  just don't think I have the patience to home school them myself! 

What do you think?





160x600 Teach Your Child To Read

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for Stopping by the Mommy Warrior blog!
Visit on FB at: https://www.facebook.com/mommywarriorpage/