Tuesday, November 24, 2015

LIVE LIKE YOU ARE DYING

This is the time of year, I publicly acknowledge just how lucky I was (and am) especially 2 years ago today, when I was diagnosed with a meningioma brain tumor. Consequently, it lead to brain surgery (a craniotomy.) During that Thanksgiving of 2013, I cooked dinner, gathered my family and enjoyed it, as if it were going to be my last, not knowing the outcome. Thankfully, I was blessed that it was benign and that my neurosurgeon was amazing.

Every time I see stories like the one below, when I hear of young children with brain tumors, or dying of incurable diseases, it breaks my heart. I was extremely luckily that I had a positive outcome and I pray for all those that are not so lucky.

As for the little baby in this story, whether it was the Pope's kiss, Divine intervention or just destiny, I truly hope that every day will continue to bring you more and more health!
It is not that I wasn't grateful before, but when you get a brain tumor (or any other life-threatening disease,) it just makes you see rather quickly how blessed you truly are because you realize it can all be gone in the "blink of an eye."

So again, this Thanksgiving, I will cook, gather my family and enjoy it as if it is my last one because one never knows!  You have to "live life like you are dying," to appreciate it with some serious depth.

Happy Thanksgiving 2015 to you! Wishing you ALL much Health & Happiness ~Lissette 

#gratitude #blessed #healthwealthfreedom #believeinmiracles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for Stopping by the Mommy Warrior blog