PINTEREST

FB PIXEL CODE

PITBULL CONCERT OR BASEBALL GAME?


 
Pitbull Concert vs. Miami Marlins Baseball Game.

Recently, I was faced with a decision that put my motherhood instincts to the test πŸ˜‚  I was faced with two options:  Going with my 10-year old son, to a Miami Marlins baseball game, where I had to buy tickets, buy food, drive 1 hour OR go see the Pitbull & Enrique Iglesias concert in Miami that I was invited to for free and would be driven to! 😁

As soon as I received the phone call with the invite, my inner self, said "yes!" I visualized myself there at the concert listening to Mr. Worldwide and Latin heartthrob, Enrique Iglesias. I got so excited! Then, I remembered that my son had been talking about this game vs. the Chicago Cubs for days! He was so looking forward to going to the baseball game with me. I contemplated how I could make everyone happy in this scenario. I even gave him the option of going with his father and he said, "No," that he really wanted me to take him.  He said it would be a "bonding experience for us."  I know, I know. I am such a sucker for his manipulation!

Although for a few moments, I really did consider going to the concert, the look of disappoint on my son's face when he thought I was actually going to ditch him for the concert convinced me of what I knew I had to do. 

Truth is, I spent ten years in the music business and had my fill of concerts but, oh, for those few minutes, how I flashed back to my days of partying and going to concerts! I just wanted to throw my "mommy hat" out the window, put on my infamous little red dress and go party! 

My teenage daughter went to the concert with her friend and the parents, who invited her and had a great time and said the concert was amazing! 🎼🎀 πŸ™πŸ»

We finally went to the game. We drove one hour plus to get there; we had the ice cream, the hotdog, the nachos, the popcorn and the soft drinks! And we when I say "we," you know I mainly mean me!  LOL! The Marlins beat the Cubs that night and we got to see Giancarlo Stanton hit a homerun! I let my son walk around the area we were seated at, with his glove in hand to catch fly balls that go into the stands. I walked with him to the bullpen before the game to see the players and when it was all said and done, he thanked me for taking him to the game and apologized to me that I missed the concert.  At that very moment, I knew in my heart I had made the right choice and assured him that I much rather spend time with him than go to one more concert in my life!

Reality is, I would have never fit into that "little red dress" again and that's okay and two hours at a concert would not exactly be a lifelong memory for my kid. I think as moms, as parents, we reach a point where sometimes seeing our children smile and having them make a lasting memory is more valuable than anything else. At least it is in my case. 

 
Hopefully, years from now my little man will remember the "baseball date" he and I had!

The special moments we share with our kids are the memories that will last a lifetime, long after we (the parents) are gone.

~Lissette
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for Stopping by the Mommy Warrior blog!
Visit on FB at: https://www.facebook.com/mommywarriorpage/