Did you know?
* In 2006, there were 28,930 organ transplants
* In 2006, there were 14,755 organ donors (deceased and living)
* Every 11 minutes, a name is added to the national transplant waiting list
* More than 97,014 people currently await transplants
* An average of 18 people die each day while waiting for organs
"Despite continuing advances in medicine and technology, the need for organs and tissue is vastly greater than the number available for transplantation. You can make a difference by inspiring others and spreading the word about organ donation."