PINTEREST

FB PIXEL CODE

HOW I AM ALLEVIATING MY MIGRAINES

It has been almost three months since I have not had a migraine or a regular headache for that matter. It may not sound like a lot of time to you but to me, it is huge victory. For those of you who do not know my back story, I am a brain tumor survivor. In 2013, I was diagnosed with a lemon-sized tumor, a meningioma, that thankfully was benign.  Nonetheless, I still had to have a craniotomy (brain surgery) to have the tumor removed.  I also had the beginning symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis according to my blood tests.

As a result of my craniotomy and much to my disappoint, I began to have more headaches, and more migraines after surgery than I did before surgery.  I found out from  my support group for Meningioma survivors, that they call it "Barometer Head," a term I learned about the hard way.  Apparently, after surgery, the barometric pressure affected my head in all kinds of horrible ways.  At first I couldn't figure out why I kept having headaches so frequently if I no longer had a tumor.  I had a titanium plate placed in my skull but was told that should not be a factor.

Later on in my research I learned this:

The International Headache Society identifies seven triggers for weather-related Migraines:
  1. Temperature changes
  2. High humidity
  3. High winds
  4. Stormy weather
  5. Extremely dry conditions
  6. Bright lights and sun glare
  7. Barometric pressure changes   
Dr. Steven Graff-Radford, DDS, the director of the program for headache and oro-facial pain at the Cedar-Sinai Medical Center, offers an explanation: “Barometric pressure changes might affect the pressure in the brain or the way the brain blocks pain, but it’s not quite known. What’s quite clear, however, is that overcast, cloudy and rainy days produce more Migraine headaches,” he said. 

So basically, I learned to deal with it and my summers in South Florida became quite dreadful with the constant rain and change in barometric pressure.  Sure, I would take the occasional Advil, which I am really not suppose to have because I only have one kidney (but that's a whole other story you can read about when I finish my e-book!) but for the most part, I would just "suck it up" and deal with it.  

However, there were some days when the pain was so unbearable I just had to go to my room and curl up in bed in the dark and quiet and let it subside.  It really was not fun at all and quite depressing to think, that I had a craniotomy to alleviate the swelling in my brain only to have constant headaches.  In the next few years it got worse instead of better. I had a follow up MRI and thankfully there was no re-growth of my tumor so I knew it wasn't that, but the headaches & migraines continued.

Early on in 2016, a friend of the family had talked to me about a natural product made from Purple Rice, that comes from Thailand, called PXP. He said that he was giving to his whole family.  He told me that he, his wife and his daughters started their day off with this supplement every morning and it made them feel great.  I thought that was great for them but how was this going to help me?  As time passed, my husband, who had a kidney transplant years earlier began taking this product. I also started to hear more and more stories about other people who were taking PXP and had lowered their blood pressure, cholesterol levels and even some stories about people who had diabetes and it helped them as well. I was hearing stories but still getting headaches. In the meantime, I was going online and doing research, reading about it and trying to learn more about what this so-called, "super-food."  One thing I love to do and am very good at, is internet research!

Finally, around March 2016, I told myself I was going to make a serious effort to try the PXP since I had read so many good things about it and at this point my husband was taking it too, and his blood pressure was getting so much better, so why not? I decided to go with the best line in the product chain and chose the aflaPXP Royale.

At first, I wasn't too sure how I was going to take it since it comes in powder form and I prefer just to pop a vitamin but this was not an option with the PXP. Should I drink it straight up? Should I put it in my oatmeal? Should I mix it in my food? I tried it in a large glass of water, then I tried it in a smoothie form but then I was told by my friend that the best way to take it was in its concentrated form.  


I decided to just take the recommended teaspoon of PXP and less than a 1/4 cup of really cold water and just mix it up and drink it.  My husband does the opposite. He boils the water and drinks it like a tea.  Different strokes for different folks, right?

Anyway, I did this religiously every single morning. Sometimes before my coffee, sometimes after.  I found that it really did not matter whether I had coffee first or not, so being a coffee-lover, I opted to keep drinking my cup of coffee first in the a.m.  Actually, to be honest, the FIRST thing I do every morning, is drink water, then coffee, then PXP.

A week passed, two weeks, no headache. Three weeks, a month, two months, no headache. This was rare for me.  Then as May started a huge storm was coming in with lots of rain, thunder and everything else that always made me cringe. Not only were there storms rolling in it was also that "lovely time" of the month for me, which usually would be the "kiss of death" for me in terms of PMS and migraines, but this time NO HEADACHES!  I could not believe it. Barometric changes and PMS and I had no headaches or migraines!  How could I not share this amazing news!  Especially with those people who are also migraine sufferers.

Not only had my migraines subsided but I was not even getting a regular PMS headache! And my early symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis were gone.

As we head towards the end of May, I gladly write my testimonial for PXP and though I may sound like an infomercial to some of you, all I can say is that, this nutritional supplement has helped me enormously. I no longer have to take Advil or Excedrin Migraine or hide away from my children during a migraine attack.  I do not fear rain and thunderstorms, I can actively participate in life without having a headache 2-3 times a week!

This does not necessarily mean I will never get another headache again in my life but it does mean that alfaPXP Royale has brought great relief to my migraines, it has helped me with PMS symptoms, which were dreadful and has helped alleviate my rheumatoid arthritis symptoms. And the added bonus....it is helping me lose weight and feel better. about my overall health.  

So now, not only am I a huge fan of PXP, I have become a Personal Development and Health Coach, in an effort to help others.  I will advocate and spread the news about its wonderful nutritional value and continue to write about all the positive life-changing stories I hear about as it relates to alfaPXP.

Little by little I feel like I am rebuilding my health and the best part is, I got rid of my migraines!

I love the Power of PXP!

If you want more information for you or someone you know that may be having health issues, please feel free to contact me:  LissetteRo@gmail.com or read more about it at:  What is PXP?


                            












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for Stopping by the Mommy Warrior blog!
Visit on FB at: https://www.facebook.com/mommywarriorpage/