PINTEREST

FB PIXEL CODE

WHAT THE HECK JUST HAPPENED?!

Whoa!  What the heck just happened one week after my brain surgery? I was doing great, no pain, loving life and then "bam!" I come off of the steroids they gave me to avoid the swelling in my brain and the whole world just came crashing down on me. I don't think I really had warning about this, or if I did, I think I was feeling quite nicely to actually pay attention.  

Wow, what horrible pain I experienced.  I don't know how people do drugs, willingly! Really? They must be nuts!  Exactly, one week after having a meningioma removed from my left frontal lobe, I began to experience headaches and swelling and pain to the touch in every part of my body.  Even wearing my bra hurt me. My eyelashes hurt. If I laughed, it hurt. I can't believe I had taken zero pain meds and was now being forced to take some pain killers one week later.  

Where in the world was this coming from? Well, it turns out according to my neurosurgeon, this is all "normal stuff" coming off of the steroids.  He was was more concerned on how my incision was doing than the horrible pain I was experiencing all over my body.  I guess I have to say it was somewhat comforting to know the surgeon was not freaked out about this, but I, on the other hand, was like "what the heck just happened to me?!"  

I guess it's all part of the process.  One day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for Stopping by the Mommy Warrior blog!
Visit on FB at: https://www.facebook.com/mommywarriorpage/