PINTEREST

FB PIXEL CODE

GREAT BOOKS FOR BOYS

Recently, my husband was at the library and asked me what books he should get for our 7-year old son and I was stumped.  Our son is currently not a big fan of reading but this is a must in our home.  He really only likes to read hockey books and books about wrestling but  I know that this certainly is not the best I can provide him with as a parent.  I couldn't even think of what books to suggest, so of course, I immediately turned to the internet and texted my husband a list.

We try to nurture the love of reading at home, so I know how important it is to find good books that not only he will love but that will teach something and expand his knowledge and vocabulary while having some fun.  I am a firm believer that if the child loves the book, he/she will be interested and develop the love of reading much easier.  We established this with our pre-teen and she now comfortably chooses her own books at a much more advanced level than the average 12-year old.

While browsing the internet for great books for boys, I came across a wonderful list of recommended books for boys on the Kids Activities Blog.  There are some great recommendations such as: Magic Treehouse series, Gruffalo Book Series, Big Nate Outloud and the ever-popular, Captain Underpants.





Our son is currently reading "The New Kid in School (Dragon Slayer Academy) and loving it.  He was only three pages into the book when he told me it was really interesting. (Smiling on the inside)

Again, it is all about choosing the right books.  Once you do that, your child will develop a love of reading that will last a lifetime!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for Stopping by the Mommy Warrior blog!
Visit on FB at: https://www.facebook.com/mommywarriorpage/