PINTEREST

FB PIXEL CODE

THE OUTCOME

Well, I am happy to report that I am back to blogging after successful brain surgery on Dec. 3, 2013.  I was so non-chalant about it as I went into it, that now sitting back and reflecting upon it three days later, all I can say is "WOW!"  I was sent home ONE day after brain surgery for the removal of a meningioma.  Oh! and I also had to have an embolization procedure. (An embolization involves threading a thin tube (catheter) up the leg veins or arteries directly into the blood vessels that feed the tumor. Then a glue-like clotting substance is injected to choke off and shrink the tumor.)  In my case, they went up the groin area and I was pretty much awake.  This was not any fun at all!  I kept asking for more "twilight" medicine, so I would not hear and see the procedure, but no luck!

I am eternally grateful for the outcome.  The tumor that was removed was benign. The surgeon said, it is most likely Grade 1" ( Benign: these are very slow-growing tumors and account for 75 percent of all meningiomas.)   I will still have to wait for the pathology report but, it is benign according to the surgeon. I was very very lucky that this MENINGIOMA was operable and benign and easily accessible.  

I cannot even begin to express the gratitude. I know there will be many more bumps in the road of life but at least I know this is a pretty huge one I just crossed!  I am very happy with the outcome and just want to let you all know that may be researching what in the world a "meningioma" is, that it will be okay!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for Stopping by the Mommy Warrior blog!
Visit on FB at: https://www.facebook.com/mommywarriorpage/